University description (as per official university website)
A qualification from a UK institution adds extra value to your CV. You will be able to prove to employers that you:
- are competent in English
- can integrate into another society
- have a different range of academic and professional skills
- have a wider perspective of life
Plus you will benefit from our excellent research and teaching quality. All this means that a degree from Kingston University will stand you in good stead where ever in the world you want to work.
We offer shorter degree programmes than institutions in many other countries, including the US, Canada and European non-Bologna institutions. For example, most of our full-time BA and BSc courses are three years and MA/MSc courses one year. This gives you more flexibility and the chance to move into the job marker sooner.
Some of our courses are even available via long-distance learning or though our partner institutions.
All UK universities have independent assessments of their teaching quality. Kingston University was assessed by external auditors in 2005. Their report praised:
- the accessibility of our academic staff
- the level of support we offer
- the external input from industry into our courses
- our work placement opportunities
We also scored highly in the previous system of external reviews, which focused on individual subject reviews. Many of our subjects were rated as “excellent”.
The national newspapers regularly praise Kingston University. For example:
- The Times describes us as "one of the leading new universities" in its Good University Guide 2007
- In 2006, The Guardian ranked Kingston as the number one among the new universities in London
- we were shortlisted for the Sunday Times University of the Year award in both 2004 and 2000
- we regularly feature high up in the league tables of universities that newspapers draw up