University description (as per official university website)
Western Technical College is committed to excellence in learning, continuous improvement, student success, employer satisfaction, and community partnerships.
Western Technical College is a collaborative, innovative educational leader in our community.
* We value an environment where learning is the priority.
* We value bringing affordable education to students, no matter where they live, no matter where they are in life.
* We value partnerships that are important to the community's economic vitality and quality of life.
* We value measuring the effectiveness of the services we provide.
* We value our heritage while looking to the future.
* We value using innovative technology and a variety of delivery systems.
* We value working together in a healthy environment where creativity, humor, wellness, and fun are encouraged.
More than 200 scholarships ranging from $150 to $2000 are available for qualified students through Western Technical College Foundation. Applications are available for on-line submission.
Scholarship applications for current western students are available August 1, due November 1 and awarded in January. Scholarship applications for new and/or high school students are available in January and due May 1. All scholarships are due at the Foundation Office, Administrative Center, 3rd floor. Scholarships other than Foundation scholarships are available throughout the year and can be found under the External Scholarship link at the top of the page.