University description (as per official university website)
Mission and Purpose
The mission of University of Phoenix is to provide access to higher education opportunities that enable students to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to achieve their professional goals, improve the productivity of their organizations, and provide leadership and service to their communities.
* To facilitate cognitive and affective student learning--knowledge, skills, and values -- and to promote use of that knowledge in the student's work place.
* To develop competence in communication, critical thinking, collaboration, and information utilization, together with a commitment to lifelong learning for enhancement of students' opportunities for career success.
* To provide instruction that bridges the gap between theory and practice through faculty members who bring to their classroom not only advanced academic preparation, but also the skills that come from the current practice of their professions.
* To provide General Education and foundational instruction and services that prepare students to engage in a variety of university curricula.
* To use technology to create effective modes and means of instruction that expand access to learning resources and that enhance collaboration and communication for improved student learning.
* To assess student learning and use assessment data to improve the teaching/learning system, curriculum, instruction, learning resources, counseling and student services.
* To be organized as a for-profit institution in order to foster a spirit of innovation that focuses on providing academic quality, service, excellence, and convenience to the working adult.
* To generate the financial resources necessary to support the University’s mission. Review the University's Mission and Purposes Statement.
Financial Aid Eligibility
To be eligible to receive Federal Financial Aid, you must:
* Be in continuous attendance and maintain continuous enrollment with no unapproved leaves of absence
* Maintain satisfactory academic progress
* Not have reached your aggregate loan limit
* Not be in default on any previous federal student loan
* Federal Financial Aid loans should be used only for educational purposes.