University description (as per official university website)
What makes TLU special? A sense of community. A rigorous academic program. An environment where students grow and succeed.
* Exclusively undergraduate university of the liberal arts, sciences and professional studies
* A diverse student body of 1,400 students
* Classes average fewer than 20 students
* 184-acre park-like campus
* Located in Seguin, near San Antonio and Austin
* Founded in 1891
Engaged student body
Small classes that average fewer than 20 students are taught by highly qualified professors – not graduate students – who challenge, mentor and know each student. TLU professors promote hands-on experience through scientific research, internships, senior seminars, and study abroad programs. Students find it easy to become involved in various activities and organizations on campus.
This quality of education has been recognized repeatedly in U.S News & World Report's annual ranking of America's best colleges, and by The Princeton Review, which has named TLU to its “Best Western Colleges” list.
TLU Financial Aid Office
Federal Stafford Student Loan
* Loan limit is determined by the Office of Financial Aid
* A student must be enrolled in 6 hours per semester. (students who are taking one class and participating in an internship; or who are taking a deficiency class in addition to an education class or internship will qualify)
* Student cannot be in default of a Stafford Loan.
* To qualify, the student must fill out the FAFSA online. The Web site is www.fafsa.ed.gov. The completed report is sent to the student and TLU.
* Before the loan is processed, a master promissory note and entrance counseling are required.
Alternative Student Loan
Students not enrolled in at least 6 hours per semester may apply for an alternative loan. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid for more information on alternative loans.
You may contact the TLU financial aid office at (830) 372-8075, should you have any further questions.