University description (as per official university website)
Kilgore College is located in Kilgore, Texas. This community college was established in 1935 at a time when the East Texas oil boom was at its peak. The college enrolls over 5,000 students on an annual basis. The college offers its students a number of degree and certificate programs in diverse fields for higher learning. Online courses are also available.
Kilgore College prepares students for success in life by providing educational opportunities that have high quality, great value, easy access, and community focus.
● Taking as its motto “Emphasis Excellence,” Kilgore College promotes high quality in all of its operations: teaching and learning which lead to certificates and associate degrees, administrative and educational support services, and public service.
● Kilgore College promotes great value primarily for its 20-member school district service area in Northeast Texas by providing educational opportunities at a competitive cost.
● Kilgore College promotes easy access through open-door admission, distance learning opportunities, dual credit courses, developmental education, and a comprehensive financial aid program.
● Kilgore College promotes community focus through workforce education programs and through public service endeavors including workforce and small business development, Adult Basic Education, continuing education, athletics, and the fine arts.
The mission statement of Kilgore College is consistent with the Texas Education Code § 130.0011, which states that the mission of public junior colleges shall be two-year institutions primarily serving their local taxing districts and service areas in Texas and offering vocational, technical, and academic courses for certification or associate degrees, as well as continuing education, remedial and compensatory education consistent with open-admission policies.
The student enrollment at Kilgore College was 5,150 in 2007 (3,505 full-time equivalent).
Undergrads are 100% of enrolled students.
About 2% of freshmen are from countries other than the US. Students living in the US make up 98% of incoming freshmen.
Kilgore College Scholarship Program
Kilgore College encourages you to apply for financial assistance through our scholarship program. A limited number of Kilgore College scholarship funds and grants are available to students who have fulfilled the scholarship criteria. Listed below are the various scholarships and the process to apply for each scholarship.
Institutional and Academic Scholarships
The Presidential Scholarship is KC’s most prestigious academic scholarship and is designed to attract academically superior students to Kilgore College. To apply the student may contact their high school counselor for an application orRene' Wiley at (903) 983-8608 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
* Incoming high school Freshman Only.
* Enhanced ACT composite score of 25 or SAT composite score of 1100 or above.
* High school grade average of 92 or higher.
* High school class rank in upper 10% of graduation class.
* Scholarship covers tuition, fees, and use of books.
* Must maintain 3.3 GPA with a minimum of 15 hours per each long semester.
* They must exhibit personal conduct in keeping with the Code of Conduct in the KC Student Handbook.
* Recipients of this award may accept other KC institutional scholarships to cover the cost of room and board in college Housing only. They may accept scholarships from outside sources.
* KC Presidential Scholarship (pdf)
* Application deadline is February 1st.