University description (as per official university website)
About TechSkills Medical
TechSkills Medical is a division of TechSkills. The school offers programs in Medical Transcriptions, Pharmacy Technician, Medical Coding Associates and Medical Administrative Specialists at more than 30 locations across the nation. The school combines laboratory work with classroom teaching. Students have the opportunity to learn at school and online. Qualified instructors provide assistance by the telephone and via the internet. The programs may vary by location.
TechSkills Medical Academic Programs
* Medical Coding - Students are trained to work as a medical coding specialist, medical records technician and similar jobs. The program typically takes 36 week to complete.
* Medical Transcription - Offers training to produce legal documents used by healthcare professionals and other procedures. Student have access to instructors at the learning centers, by telephone and the internet. Students can learn anywhere on the web. The program length is typically 28 weeks.
* Medical Billing - Students are trained to submit claims and patient statements for reimbursement of services as well as other tasks for a healthcare business. The program takes approximately 24 weeks to finish.
* Medical Administrative Assisting - The program prepares students for entry-level jobs as a Medical Secretary, Medical Billing Clerk, Medical Records Technician and other related jobs. The program takes approximately 20 weeks to complete.
* Pharmacy Technician - Students are trained to assist pharmacists with filling prescriptions, ordering supplies, compounding medications and other tasks. The program usually take 32 weeks to complete.