University description (as per official university website)
Coffeyville Community College is a comprehensive community college with three campuses. The college offers transfer degree programs designed for students seeking a four-year university degree and technical programs for students who desire a career in fields such as computer networking, welding, automotive repair and many other vocations. Instruction is offered in a traditional classroom format and on-line.
Coffeyville Community College is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The college participates in several athletic activities as a member of the Kansas Jayhawk Community College Conference and the National Junior College Athletic Association.
Areas of study:
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health, PE, and Recreation
- PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLARSHIPS are provided to a select group of students who, because of their academic achievement, leadership, and future promise, are recommended by their high school counselor. They are selected through an interview process by the College President. This select group of students assists in official capacities. The scholarships provide tuition, loan of books, and $500 toward on-campus housing expense. Potential recipients will need a 3.5 or higher high school grade point average and a minimum score on the ACT of 24. These scholarships are renewable, provided the students maintains a 3.50 cumulative grade point average.
- PRESIDENTIAL HONOR SCHOLARSHIPS - A student with an ACT score of 28 or higher may apply for the Presidential Honor Scholarship. These students will receive a full scholarship including room, board, tuition, fees and loan of books.
NJCAA student athletes at Coffeyville Community College are not eligible for the Presidential Honor Scholarship. (KJCCC Conference rules limit student-athlete scholarships to tuition and books).
- ACTIVITY/ATHLETIC SCHOLARSHIPS provide financial assistance to students who participate in such activities and/or meet NJCAA eligibility rules in athletics.
- KANSAS ENHANCEMENT SCHOLARSHIPS are available to Kansas students. This scholarship is awarded to students who complete the application process and sign with a Coffeyville Community College activity group. The cost for the residence hall for 08-09 academic year is $4,796 for women and $4,235 for men. Students awarded the Kansas Enhancement Scholarship will pay only $2,000 a year. Most students awarded this scholarship and enrolled in 16 credit hours a semester will pay less than $1,500 a semester for room, board, loan of books, tuition and fees.
- NATIVE AMERICAN LEADERSHIP SCHOLARSHIP will provide tuition and loan of books on the CCC main campus or $500 toward technical program expenses for qualified students.
- TECHNICAL SCHOLARSHIPS provide up to $500 per semester for students enrolled full-time in a technical program. Students receiving a technical scholarship must maintain a 2.0 GPA on the courses for which the scholarship is applied.
- GOLD CARD SCHOLARSHIPS are awarded to Montgomery County residents who are 55 years of age or older. The GOLD CARD entitles the holder to six (6) credit hours of instruction of Coffeyville Community College courses “tuition free” during a fiscal year. Any fees that accompany the course offerings must be paid by the student.