University description (as per official university website)
Brown Mackie College is made up of a system of private schools that date back to 1892. The schools offer bachelor's and associate degrees as well as diplomas and certification programs. Courses are offered in business, legal, information technology, health sciences, and creative fields. Brown Mackie College is owned by the Education Management Corporation. According to the college, their programs are designed to help launch and enhance careers while meeting the needs of the marketplace. The programs offered vary by campus.
The Brown Mackie College system of schools is dedicated to helping the students successfully pursue a college education that will prepare them to launch a career or enhance their current one in an increasingly competitive economy. Students choose from programs that will enable them to become part of growing fields of business, health care, legal assistance, and computer technology.
* Business – The programs offer instructions in business practices and principles, technical business procedures as well as microcomputer applications.
* Legal and Criminal Justice – Provides training in the standards and principles of the legal field. Applying substantive and procedural law, legal writing, research, and investigative skills are part of the curriculum.
* Medical and Health Sciences – The collection of programs all offer the essential skills required to work in distinct areas in the medical and healthcare industries.
* Computers and Technology Programs – Offer the skills required to create, operate, maintain and repair computers, and various types of technology. The curriculums also include general education courses.
* Creative Programs – Students are prepared for employment in mass communication fields such as advertising, audio/video production and graphic design. The curriculums emphasize design and production skills, artistic element arrangement, and conceptual thinking with regards to presenting a message.
Indiana: Fort Wayne, Indianapolis, Merrillville, Michigan City, South Bend
Kansas: Lenexa, Salina
Kentucky: Fort Mitchell, Hopkinsville, Louisville
Ohio: Akron, Canton, Cincinnati, Findlay