Training Course | Citizenship and Election
|Scholarship / Financial aid: food, accommodation and travel expenses covered|
Date: 18 November 2014
Deadline: 8 November 2014
Open to: participants from Denmark, Germany, Greece, Lithuania, Romania, Spain
The project “Citizenship and Election” is a 8 working day training course in Slettestrand, Denmark, gathering 24 youth leaders from Denmark, Germany, Greece, Lithuania, Romania and Spain.
A recent study of the European Commission on participative behaviour of young people in EU (Political Participation and EU Citizenship: Perceptions and Behaviours of Young People) shows a lower participation in national elections of young people under 24 years old comparing to the participation of elder people. Furthermore, the 2009 European elections were marked by a rate of youth absenteeism of nearly 65%, rarely found in democratic politics.
Consequently, through this project the partners aim to strengthen the well-being of young people in Europe by their inclusion in political and decision-making processes at all levels.
The objectives are:
- to deepen participants understanding upon democratic processes at national and EU level;
- to give the participants tools to promote democratic participation and responsibility among young people in their local communities;
- to give participants specific understandings upon EU citizenship and the rights that come with it;
- to strengthen the partners cooperation through the Erasmus+ programme, in particular in the field of democratic participation of youth.
Through non-formal methods, the training will give participants tools to promote democratic participation among young people, deepen their understandings about democratic forums at national and European level, and deepen their understanding about European citizenship and the rights that comes with it.
The training will include simulations and interactive exercises, workshops, presentations, discussions and group work.
In order to participate, the candidates should:
• Be a youth leader, a peer leader or actively involved in the civil society;
• Have a good conduct in English;
• Be able to attend the entire training;
• Be committed to multiply the results of the training in the local communities.
The travel budget per participant for this project is as follows:
Denmark (Aalborg) 0€
Denmark (Copenhagen) 180€
Germany, Lithuania, Romania 275€
Greece, Spain 360€
If the travel expenses exceed the budget allocated, the participants are required to cover the extra costs themselves.
The travel reimbursement will be made by bank transfer after the training and within 45 days after the original travel documents have been received by the organisers.
Participation in the training is free of charge. Food and accommodation is provided.
Latest annoucements in this category: